How to Create a Video Product
Add a video as a Product to a current Project or follow the steps below to create a new Project.
Creating a Project
Projects allow you to group all related products together in Workstation. For example, a digital album, single and physical product for a release would be a part of the same Project. To create a Project, follow these steps.
- Navigate to the Workstation homepage.
- Click + New Project.
- Input your project metadata and click Create Project. Please note that the Project Code must be unique for each project that you create.
- Add notes related to the entire project, such as release level production notes, artist information, artistic direction and more in the Project Description.
- Add Marketing Highlights to provide global or territory-specific marketing information to support the sales positioning of your Project.
- Click Save Marketing Highlights.
Creating a Product
Products are a singular release, such as an album, video, or single. Once you’ve created a project, follow these steps to create a product.
- Click + New Product.
- Select the Video Product Type
- Select Create Video Product.
- Upload your video by dragging the file, selecting browse, or upload from cloud services .
- You may review a detailed list of the video file requirements by selecting See Video Requirements
- Upload will begin followed by Validation.
* Validation is ensuring your video meets requirements and determines if any technical adjustments need to be made. This could varying amounts of time depending upon file size and internet connection. Scroll down to begin entering metadata in the meantime.
- Once your video has completed Validation a preview will be generated
- Test your video and select Edit to pick choose your Thumbnail as needed
- Determine your 30 Second Preview by setting a preferred start time. This will be used on applicable services.
- Enter Basic information as it pertains to your video release.
* Make sure to Save along the way
- Enter Content information as it pertains to your video including Language, Genre, Subgenre, Parental Advisory settings and Keywords/Tags.
- Continue entering your metadata including Rights, Contributors and select your Release Date.
* Note: the only time this release would not be “new” is if this video is already available elsewhere.
- Your videos can be delivered to any service provider to which The Orchard delivers video. If you are a partner of The Orchard’s Multi-Channel Network you will see your partnered channel listed in the YouTube/Vevo Channel dropdown, or you have the option to deliver to The Orchard Music channel.
If you would like your video delivered to a new Vevo channel or a YouTube channel that is not partnered, note the channel URL in the special instructions field and discuss with your label manager. Remember, it takes time to create and partner channels, so allow at least 10 business days lead time to do so.
Submitting For Approval
- Once your metadata and video upload are complete, select Save and Review
- After checking all details are correct, select Submit for Approval and your video will be reviewed for distribution.
- If your product meets all requirements and is approved, the product status will update to ‘Complete’ and your video will be set for delivery.
- If there are any issues with your product, the product status will change to ‘Action Required’. You will also receive an email outlining any changes you need to make to meet delivery requirements.
- Once required changes have been made, you can re-submit your product for approval.